My Biggest aspiration: The first lap

Category: By Stuart
I started the MBA in September last year, and with that my dreams of making path breaking business decisions.. seeing myself in the FT and ofcourse minting money took wings..

and when u think of money.. no... oodles of money... the first profession that comes to one's mind is?? No, not armed robbery!! Not Ocean's 12/ 13...well Investment banking (well these days it is difficult to segregate the banking from the robbery .. considering that millions of investors have been robbed off billions of dollars...anyways.. that's another story!)


Well the charm of investment banking is irresistible and it draws so many people to top B-schools... just the name of Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan and Merill Lynch was enough to send cashregisters ringing between ur ears and light up ones eyes..

It was not long before I got fell for the dazzle of the I-Banking world and started dreaming of becoming an uber-chique wall street type deal maker. As luck would have it .. very soon, in October, St. Gallen organised the Investment banking days..

All the big names in investment banking were there.. smartly dressed young professionals flaunting expensive tailor made suits, exquisite watches.. gelled hair... with tales of the multimillion dollar deals that their banks were doing.. and handing out cool stuff... my heart throbbed .. and I felt.. this is it!!! Eureka !! I've found my dream job... oh how naive was i to think that it'll take forever to know what I wanted to do in life..
Now just 4 weeks into the MBA... I know it!!! yippee!!!

... continues.. stay posted...
 

7 comments so far.

  1. Unknown September 30, 2008 at 12:53 PM
    Hi. This is a very informative blog. Could you please share some info on people who're now going to go into investment banks? There may soon be no "investment banks" per se. What will these people do? Will Zurich offer private banking type of jobs?

    Secondly, my current salary is already higher than most MBA programs' median salary. Close to CHF 240,000 swiss francs. The general perception is that IMD is for older students (I am in my early 30s) so their salaries may be high too. Do you know of older students at St. Gallan or is St Gallan known more for younger grads who go for the typical "associate" positions?

    Please CC my email address if you can. Thank you!
  2. Caro Arango November 11, 2008 at 11:06 AM
    Hi Stuart, I have been folowing your blog. I'd like to contact you for advise, how can I reach you?
  3. Gaurav Sharma April 17, 2009 at 6:38 PM
    Thanks for very informative blog
  4. Market Survey Companies September 26, 2009 at 2:58 PM
    While people may have different views still good things should always be appreciated. Yours is a nice blog. Liked it!!!
  5. prem October 5, 2010 at 1:30 PM
    thanks for a nice blog.... in my opinion there are institutions who provides abroad mba.....
  6. Redford October 6, 2010 at 12:11 PM
    Seduced by the wall street poster boys, girls and potential of big money? So was I, I didn't know where I was going to go with my london business school mba but after the investment banking suaree at my uni I was decided. It's where I want to go once I'm qualified...
  7. Manoj Vyas February 10, 2012 at 7:10 AM
    thanks for sharing such a nice blog here top 10 business school

Something to say?